Overview of Bhimtal Tourism
Bhimtal is located at 22 Kms from Nainital. It has one of largest lake in the region. The main attraction is Bhimtal Lake on which you can enjoy the boating. The fresh water of the lakes supports aquaculture & also host array of the fish species. The Bhimtal Lake has an island at the centre with large aquarium located in centre which houses numerous fishes. Bhimtal is excursion place for the people coming to Nainital. There are other idyllic places as Sattal, Naukuchiayatal, Khurpatal which are in vicinity Bhimtal.
Bhimtal Tourism/Bhimtal Tourist places:
- Victoria Dam: It is located at the end of lake which is adorned by floral garden on its both sides & surrounded by the hill. The dam offers mesmerizing natural view to the tourists & also scenic beauty which is very rare in any other part of the country.
- Bhimeshwar Mahadev Temple: This temple is very popular, the people from near places comes here to worship. As per mythology, it is believed that the place got the name from Bhima, (one of Pandava- warrior of Mahabharata war)who had erected Lord Shiva Temple.
- Hadimba Parvat: Himdimba Parvat is located at 05 Kms from Bhimtal. It is named after the demon wife of Bheema Hidimba of the Mahabharata. Vankhandi Maharaj, who was renowned monk & environmentalist, he had developed a refuge for wild animals which is known as Vankhandi Ashram.
Activities at Bhimtal
- Boating: At Bhimtal lake you can enjoy the recreational boating activity. While boating you can have glimpse of splendid surrounding also.
- Cycling/Motor biking: There are good trail which can be discovered by biking/cycling. It is unique way of exploring Bhimtal which give an insight of natural bounties & glance into local life also.
How to reach to Bhimtal:
By Train The nearest Railway Station from Bhimtal is Kathgodam Railway Station, which is located at 30 Kms away from the city.
By Flight The Pantnagar Airport is nearest domestic airport at distance of approx 60 kms from Bhimtal.
Location Distance by Road:
||290 Kms (approx)
||130 Kms (approx)
||480 Kms (approx)
||375 Kms (approx)
Best time to visit Bhimtal:
Jan - Dec
Pleasant weather prevails in Bhimtal during summer. Winters are cold with minimum temperature to around -3 degree. Bhimtal receives good rainfall during monsoons.