Overview of Lansdowne
Lansdowne is a tranquil, serene & charming hill station renowned for its scenic beauty & cantonment town in Pauri Garhwal district. This place is gifted with misty mountain, lush green forests with ravishing view of Himalayas. The place receives many tourists during weekends from Delhi, who comes here to evacuate the woes of city life & relax at the lapse of the nature.
Tourist places at Lansdowne:
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev: The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva & located 36 km from Lansdowne amid of dense forest of cedar & pine.
- Bhullatal Lake: an artificial manmade lake dedicated to the Garhwali youth of The Garhwal Rifles who helped in construction of the lake, located at just 1 km from the Lansdowne.
- St. Mary's Church: This Roman Catholic Church was built in 1896 by A. H. B. Hume of Royal Engineers. The Church condition started deteriorating after independence but it was restored by Garhwal Rifles Regimental centre & reopened on 1980. Until now St. John's Church became the only Church to be worship in Lansdowne.
- Tip n Top View Point: Tip-in-Top is a popular point at Lansdowne. It is on the ridge close to St. Marry Church. Trek to the spot gives the great Mountain View & re-energize everyone with fresh ambience unleashed by Oak & pine trees.
- Kaleshwar Mahadev Temple: It is oldest temple at Lansdowne, Lord Shiva is the deity of temple. The temple is revered by local people & they especially gather on the occasion of Shivratri to worship & seeks the blessing.
Activities at Lansdowne:
- Nature walk: Rejuvenate yourself with refreshing scenic nature trails which is best way to enjoy this iconic hill station
- Boating: Enjoy boating on Bhulla Lake.
How to reach to Lansdowne:
Nearest railway station Lansdowne is Kotdwara located at distance of 40 Kms approx.
Jolly Grand airport is closest airport which is 155 Kms approx.
||265 Kms (approx)
||270 Kms (approx)
||550 Kms (approx)
||320 Kms (approx)
Best Time to Visit:
March - Dec
The place has pleasant weather during summers & receives good rainfall during monsoons. Post monsoon the places revitalize with deep greenery & immense freshness. During winters from December to February are extremely cold with minimum temperature falls subzero level, if you are adventure seeker then you can surely opt for this place.