Overview of Mukteshwar
Mukteshwar is embraced in Nainital district of Uttarakhand, located at 51 Kms from Nainital city. Mukteshwar provides breathtaking 180 degree view of Himalayas. The most prominent peaks like Nanda Devi, Nanda Kot, Trishul & panchachuli are exhibited from Mukteshwar. As per local folklore, it is believed that Lord Shiva killed the demons at this place & later they attained Moksha (Salvation) thus the place derived name Mukteshwar.
Tourist places at Mukteshwar
- Mukteshwar Temple: The Temple is devoted to Lord Shiva, it is situated at highest point, so need to trek some part however scenic beauty of place will keep on re-energize the devotes.
- Chauli Ki Jaali: It is located behind the Mukteshwar temple on the cliff. It is an ideal spot to enjoy the splendid view of Himalayan range and sublime beauty.
- Renewable Park: There is also a 'Renewable Park' managed by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI). Recently, the town is flooded with some construction activity in and around Mukteshwar. Tourist are also buying houses here to escape cities hustle bustle.
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI): It was British established on 1893 by the name Imperial Bacteriological Laboratory during widespread of plague epidemics. Later it was developed into the Indian Veterinary research Institute with common objective of research related to animals.
Activities at Mukteshwar
- Adventure sports: Mukteshwar is popular spot for recreational adventure activities like rock climbing & rappelling.
- Nature walk: At Mukteshwar, you can take on to some of soothing nature walks to nearby areas