Overview of Mussorie
Mussorie is renowned as Queen of Hills, located at foothills of Himalayas at distance of 35 Kms from Dedradun. The place is bestowed with vivid charming fauna & flora & exhilarating view of Shivalik ranges & doon valley. The town is endowed with pleasant weather throughout the year & the pristine environment makes it ideal place to relax & unwind.
Tourist places at Mussorie/ Tourist attraction
- Glance at Walk: Enjoy the stroll through some of popular spots of the place- Landour Bazaar, Chaar dukaan, Lal tibba, Gun hill, the Camel Back cemetery, the Mussoorie Library. It is best way to experience the grandeur of British old houses & discern the life of local people.
- Lal Tibba: Lal Tibba is at crest of the highest hill located at an altitude of 2438m above sea level. The captivating view of glittering snow-capped peaks is highlight of this place & it is also best place to enjoy sunrise & sunset
- Cloud's End: A British major had constructed this building at 1838. It seems that the clouds ends here due to which this place is known as clouds end. From this place one can enjoy the good view of the valley. Cloud's End is located approx eight kilometers west of Mussoorie hills.
- Gun Hill: Gun Hill is the second highest peak of Mussoorie & it is well connected by ropeway which starts from Mall road near Kutchery & end at Gun hill. It is fun filled & thrilling experience.
- Kempty Falls: Kempty Falls is located at 15 km from Mussoorie. It is a most picturesque & biggest waterfall. The natural environs exalt the beauty of the place.
- Jharipani Fall: About 8.5 kms from Mussoorie. The major way to fall can be covered by drive & fraction by walk of around 1.5 Kms.
- Camel's Back Road: This place gives stunning sight of captivating landscape with amazing sunrise & sunset view. You can have overwhelming experience of horse riding & nature walk at this place
- Bhatta Fall: About 7 kms from Mussoorie on Mussoorie-Dehradun road. The spot is accessible by car or bus upto Balta village with further 3kms distance which can be undertaken by car or on foo
- Mussoorie Lake: It is located 6 km on Mussoorie-Dehradun road, a newly developed picnic spot. It offers an enchanting view of Doon Valley and nearby villages. Particularly night view from lake is marvelous.
- George Everest House: The George Everest House is the peak estate of Sir George, the surveyor General of India. Sir George had his office and residence here. The Mount Everest, the highest peak of the Himalayas was named after Sir George
Activities at Mussoorie
How to reach to Mussoorie
By Train he nearest station to Mussorie is Dehradun at a distance of 35 km.
By Flight The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun, which is 60 km away from Mussoorie.
||270 Kms (approx)
||345 Kms (approx)
||200 Kms (approx)
||600 Kms (approx)
Best Time to Visit Mussoorie
Jan - Dec
The place can be visited throughout the year. The summers are mild, monsoons are misty. During winters snowfall is major attraction for the visitors.