Overview of Nainital
Nainital is ranked among the top hill station in India & popularly known as Queen of the lakes. The most striking feature of nainital is picturesque lake surrounded by majestic hills from three sides. Nainital is adorned with forests of oak, pine and deodar with splendid vistas of Himalayan peaks. The sublime beauty of the place attracts many tourists.
Tourist places at Nainital/ Tourist attraction
- Naini Lakes: As per mythology, it is believed that when Lord Shiva had carried the corpse of Goddess Sati to Kailash parvat, the place where her eyes fell, came to known as Nain-tal or lake of the eye. Lake nestled amidst of the nature enhances relaxation experiences to every visitor.
- Naina Devi Temple: Located near to Naini Lake. Goddess Sati is the deity of this temple & is among the 64 Shakti Peeth.
- Tippin Top: It is situated at 2290 mt, to reach at the top requires a short trek of about 4 Kms. The spot provides excellent view of the Himalayas and the Nainital town. This spot truly belongs to nature lovers & photographers who can capture the picturesque view of amazing landscapes & countryside
- Naina Peak: Naina Peak is locally known as the Cheena peak. This is the highest point in Nainital.
- Hanuman Garhi: It is famous Hanuman temple. This is best spot to enjoy the sunset.
- Nainital Zoo: It is situated in the hills around 01 Kms from Tallital Bus Station at an altitude of 2100 meters. Nainital Zoo has numerous endangered species including Snow Leopard, The Himalayan Black Bear, Siberian Tiger, Sambhar Deer & many birds like Silver Pheasants, Rose Rringed Parakeet, Owl & Eagle.
- Eco Caves Garden: It is Natural Park comprised of interconnected caves & hanging garden. Located 01 Kms away from Mall Road. These caves are built on animal themes, seemingly as their natural habitat similarly derived the name also like tiger caves, Panther caves & etc
- Snow View: Located at a height of 2270 mts. It is connected by road followed by some trek to reach the spot as well by Cable Car. This place provides a captivating view of Glittering Himalayas peak.
- Gurney House: Gurney House was the home of renowned hunter-conservationist and writer Jim Corbett. The house has still maintained historical charm & colonial legacy. The place has embraced the belonging of Corbets possessions.
- ARIES: Situated adjacent to the picturesque hill town of Nainital, ARIES ( an acronym of Aryabhatta Research Institute of observational sciences ) is one of the leading research Institutes which specializes in observational Astronomy & Astrophysics and Atmospheric Sciences. Prior Permission is required for visit with fixed timing.
- Kilbury Pangot: Located amidst of green forest of Oak and Rhododendron, 12 away from Nainital. This place not only has surreal nature gifted surrounding but also have immense ecological value. It is also home to a large variety of fauna especially birds; its a paradise for bird watchers
Activities at Mussoorie
- Boating: Boating & Yachting are the popular activities available at the Nainital.
How to reach to Nainital
By Train he nearest station to Mussorie is Dehradun at a distance of 35 km.
By Train The nearest Railway Station from Nainital is Kathgodam Railway Station, which is located at 24 Kms away from the city.
By Flight The Pantnagar Airport is nearest domestic airport at distance of approx 65 kms from Nainital.
||290 Kms (approx)
||135 Kms (approx)
||500 Kms (approx)
||380 Kms (approx)
||550 Kms (approx)
Best Time to Visit Mussoorie
Jan - Dec
Pleasing summer with Max. 27Â°C and min.10Â°C makes its best time to visit. Monsoon from June to September brings best out of the nature grandeur. During winters place receives snowfall which also attracts many visitors.