Overview of Munsyari
Munsyari is rustic & exquisite hill station surrounded by snow-clad peaks. It is located at 2250 Metres (7380 Feet) above Sea Level. The drive to Munsyari will give you captivating view of the natural landscapes, glittering mountain peaks, cascading waterfall & vivid mosaic of fauna & flora. It is Ideal place to restore, re-energize & rejuvenate; Its salubrious surrounding will fill you with sheer calmness & peace. Munsyari is fast growing destination & has many things to offer.
Tourist places at Munsyari/ Tourist attraction
- Panchachuli Peak Overview: The splendid view of snow capped Panchachuli Peak(a group of 05 peaks)
- Birthi Falls: The fall descends from heights of 126 Kms & situated amidst of lush green surroundings.
- Maheshwari Kund: Located in Munsiyari, Maheshwari Kund is easily accessible. Maheshwari Kund is located in a very pleasant location.
Activities at Munsyari
- Bird watching: Munsyari is destination for bird watcher, approx 300 species of birds are found here.
- Homestay experience & Rural Tourism: Munsyari has many home stays. In these home stays, the visitors can enjoy experience authentic local rural life & savor the taste of regional cuisine.
- Photography: The place is laced with gorgeous natural attractions like splendid mountain vistas, stunning towering snow clad peaks, dense mixed forest, diverse Himalayan wildlife & birds. Photographers can try their hands to capture clicks of all these stunning sights.
- Trekking: Munsyari is base camp for many short & long treks to famous snow hills & glacier. It has many soft treks for first timer also.
How to reach to Munsyari
By Train Nearest Railway station to Munsyari is Kathgodam which is at distance of 218 Kms.
By Flight The nearest airport is Pantnagar which is 250 Kms from Munsyari
||535 Kms (approx)
||390 Kms (approx)
||660 Kms (approx)
||470 Kms (approx)
Best Time to Visit Munsyari
Mar - Nov
The place experiences pleasant weather during summer & monsoons. However extreme cold weather prevails during winters