Overview of Binsar
Binsar is phenomenal hill station situated 33 km north of the Almora town of Uttarakhand. Binsar is encircled by Binsar wildlife sanctuary which is endowed with rich fauna & flora. Binsar has rich diverse ecosystem extended over wide range to different altitude which boosts varied wildlife species & bird species in the region. Binsar is delight for bird watcher & wild life lovers.
Binsar tourism is framed of its majestic natural grandeur, Binsar wildlife diversity, enriched flora & scantity of Bineshwar Mahadev. Binsar is ideal tourist place for wildlife lovers, bird watchers, nature enthusiast. We have assorted Binsar tour package which suits every guests requirements.
Tourist places of interest at Binsar
- Zero point is main attraction which offer spectacle view of Himalayan peaks like Nanda Devi, Kedarnath peak, Shivling & Trisul.
- Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary: Binsar is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna with majestic meadows adorned with towering Oak & Rhododendrons. The sanctuary houses leopard, Himalayan bear, deer along with 200 bird species
- The Bineshwar Mahadev, the temple of Lord Shiva which is highly revered by the people in the hills.
Activities at Binsar
- Bird watching & wild life sighting: The major wildlife attraction here are leopards, Indian Red Fox, Jackals, Ghorals, Porcupines & pine Matens. Scantuary is an avian paradise & hosts around 200 species of birds like forktail, nuthatches, Blackbirds, parakeets, laughing thrush, magpies, kalij peasant, monval, Koklas & woodpeckers. Binsar wildlife sanctuary is paradise for bird watcher & animal enthusiast.
- Photography: Binsar blessed with the salubrious forest of Oak & Rhododendron with lucid view of gigantic famous Himalayan peaks like Kedarnath, Chaukhamba, Trishul, Nandakot & various other. The place not only have rich fauna but also ranked high on a variety of flora with 24 type of trees, 24 type of bushes & several other grasses. You can capture all these natural grandeur into your camera.
How to reach Binsar
By Train, The nearest Railway Station to Binsar is Kathgodam which is at distance of 120 Kms.
By Flight, The nearest airport is Pantnagar which is 150 Kms from Binsar.
Location Distance by Road:
||375 Kms (approx)
||225 Kms (approx)
||445 Kms (approx)
||475 Kms (approx)
Best time to visit Binsar:
Jan - Dec
Round the year Binsar enjoys pleasing weather. October, November, December, January and February are the winter months in Binsar, hence suggested to carry lots of woolen clothes during these months.
Hotels in Binsar